Rennes boss believes M’Vila will come to Arsenal

The news last night was that 3 clubs were interested in Yann M’Vila. Those 3 clubs are Tottenham, Arsenal and Spartak Moscow. This came directly from the Rennes Chairman’s mouth on RMC Sport in France. He confirmed last weekend that M’Vila had played his last game for Rennes so he must be pushing for a move. In his interview, he essentially said that Wenger was in the driving seat for this transfer and acknowledged that Wenger would be after Rennes star man by hinting at the Song transfer saga.

Onto M’Vila himself, apparently, he is still waiting for Arsenal to firm up interest before making his decision. He is solely after Champions League football otherwise he feels that no move from Rennes would be beneficial to his career. I still feel like that this transfer will go down to the deadline day and Rennes will have to bend to the pressure.

The other news that just emerged today is that the Sahin deal has apparently stalled because Wenger has finally got his wish of a buyback clause but is unhappy with the steep fee of £14 million. Considering Madrid only paid £8 million for him, Wenger is trying to negotiate it down to £10-12 million. Everything is done on Sahin’s side of things according to the likes of Balague, Ornstein and other reliable journalists. It’s just the small print with regards on the buyback and you can expect to see this completed by the Stoke game.

Things are really starting to pick up on Arsenal’s side at the moment and we still don’t know who this mysterious defender is that we’re supposedly after.