Wenger – A point was the minimum Arsenal deserved

Arsenal played to 1-1 draw against Man City in Sunday’s Premier League clash. A hard fought game resulted in the Gunners taking a vital point from the Etihad but Arsenal were unlucky not to have taken all three points. Arsene Wenger was pleased with the result as the Gunners came from behind and were able to clench a second half equalizer from a blasted, off-balance shot that flew into the back of the goal by Koscielny.

Wenger was quoted as saying, “I am pleased because a point was the minimum we deserved today. I am pleased also with the quality of our performance and our spirit. Also a bit frustrated because I feel there was room to do more. We had early chances and very late chances. But overall I hope this will reinforce our belief and confidence and reassure us about our potential in this league.”

Wenger has gone without a trophy at Arsenal for seven years but has made massive inroads in rectifying that this season, with what’s been described as the best Arsenal side since the invincible’s. If the early games are anything to go by then Arsenal are looking more and more like the team to finally break Wenger’s trophy drought.

Cazorla once again showed his class and technical ability and was the heart of every Arsenal attack. His shot, which was saved by Joe Hart, resulted in the corner which gave Koscielny his goal. Whilst the Gunners will be pleased having not lost at City’s home fortress, Wenger will also be wary of the Gunners next opponents in the Premier League. Chelsea are sitting top the table and will be hard pressed to relinquish their position. However, while a win for Arsenal won’t see them overtake Chelsea, they’ll surely be the hot favorites for the title this year.