Will Arsenal REALLY spend big transfer money this summer?

There is a belief, and it is becoming more common among Arsenal fans and the media, that Arsene Wenger has been stubbornly refusing to spend the money that the Arsenal board have been making available to him. The Prof is accused of stubbornly trying to stick to his principles of bringing on young and little known players, to the detriment of the Arsenal team.

I for one have always found this idea faintly ridiculous. Wenger has tried to find hidden gems and young players and mould them into quality, but because he had no choice. He has always tried to do his best and has been under massive financial restraints for years, and the only way he could have got some transfer funds was to win the jackpot at a site like http://www.jackpotcity.co.uk. He knows why players such as Cole, Clichy, Nasri and van Persie left, and he would have kept them all if possible. The idea that he has just sat on a pile of money while the trophy drought drags on is crazy.

“I’m not reluctant to do so. First of all we only had money recently. Secondly, in England there is a way of thinking that every problem is sorted out just by spending money but that’s not always the case.

“And as well, I believe we have to be faithful to what this club is about, which is to give a chance to the young players we educate. That is vital, and therefore to bring in only the players who give us a plus.

“I want to win the championship and the Champions league, and if we can’t do it we have to question ourselves. But to do that, first we have to be at that level, and for years it was vital we were there to pay it back.

“I think now we are in a stronger situation where, like you say, we can spend some money. We went out to spend money at Christmas but we didn’t find the players.”

So. Gooners, have Arsenal really turned the corner, and do you expect Wenger to really splash the cash on some quality players this summer?