Bayern Munich Star Dreams Arsenal Move

Bayern Munich's Austrian midfielder Davi

Bayern Munich star David Alaba has high hopes of playing for Arsenal someday according to TuttoMercato.

The Nigerian born Austrian international is considered one of the hottest properties in European football and his admission of an adoration for the North London side would be music to Wenger and could encourage the shrewd Frenchman to launch a bid despite the fact that Alaba just only recently signed a new deal with his Allianz Arena club.

“Arsenal is a dream, that’s my favourite team. But now I’m living my dream.

“Regarding offers from other clubs, I have not discussed them after consultation with my father and my agent,” Quotes via TuttoMercato translated to English.

Alaba plays predominantly on the left for Bayern Munich either as a left back or a left winger but that is not all there is to the talented player. He can also play defensive midfield position and center back and right back. In fact, he is one of the most versatile players in world football and Wenger likes his players versatile. For the left back role, Arsenal are in good hands with Gibbs and Monreal but are still looking for long term solutions in the defensive midfield positions as both Arteta and Flamini are already aging. Alaba could come in to the long term replacement for both men.

Also, the fact that he can play right back means he could be a perfect replacement for likely to leave Bacary Sagna. His experience at the highest level means his feet would fit Sagna’s boots perfectly.

At the relatively young age of 21, Alaba has already made 115 appearances for Bayern Munich. To this end, he would be a perfect addition to Arsenal’s ranks.