Arsenal Must Win At Stamford Bridge

Arsenal goal celebration

Arsenal got themselves back into the title race with a win over North London rivals Tottenham yesterday at White Hart Lane. Tomas Rosicky’s bullet of a shot might have won Arsenal the game, but it was the performance of defensive pairing of Mertesacker and Laurent Koscielny that grabbed the headlines.

The race for the title was blown open over the weekend; Manchester City began the day with a win at the KC stadium before Fabian Delph’s late goal condemned Chelsea to a shock defeat at Villa park. Next stop Old Trafford as Manchester United hosted Liverpool and the hosts were destroyed courtesy of a Steven Gerard brace and a strike from Luiz Suarez. Arsenal wouldn’t afford to drop points and Rosicky’s goal was good enough to secure three priceless points.

Arsenal now find themselves four points behind leaders Chelsea with a game in hand. Arsenal will travel to Stamford bridge for a game that could potentially decide where the title ends up. It was a good defensive showing against Spurs but we cannot allow Chelsea that much room on Sunday. We must be up for the fight from the get-go and take the game to the Blues.

Tottenham are a good team but they do not possess the qualities of this Chelsea team. Hazard has been the stand out performer for the team this season but Oscar and Willian can also be devastating on their own day. Thankfully we don’t have to worry about Ramirez and Willian as they both saw red along with Mourinho following the defeat at Villa Park.

Wenger has failed to beat Jose Mourinho on nine occasions but all that would matter very little if he can get all three points this time. To beat Chelsea and go top would be a massive boost in confidence, add that to the chance to break Mourinho’s impressive home record as well as shutting him up. If these aren’t incentive enough then I don’t know what would be.

The remaining fixtures of the league are quite interesting. Arsenal would still have to welcome Manchester City while both Chelsea and the noisy neighbours still have Anfield trips to make. If we beat Chelsea on Sunday, we would be doing our title chances a great deal of good.

Impossible is nothing. COYG!!