Could This Be Arsenal’s Summer Striker Signing?

Francisco Alcacer

Arsenal are targeting another Spanish youngster. Could he be the striker to compliment Olivier Giroud at Arsenal? According to reports, Wenger is weighing up a move for Francisco Alcacer who plays for Valencia.

Alcacer has had a decent spell this season as he has scored nine goals for Valencia in just nineteen appearances this season including the winner for Los Che against the Blaugrana at the Nou Camp this season.

He isn’t the only youngster Arsenal are targeting. The Gunners are hot on the trail of Schalke’s star Julian Draxler and Real Madrid’s young striker Alvaro Morata. While Draxler is versatile and can play on the wings as well as a striker, both Morata and Alcacer are strikers.

But does Arsenal need another young striker considering the fact that we already have young strikers in Yaya Sanogo who is highly rated by Wenger and Joel Campbell who is currently on loan at Greek giants Olympiakos and owing to his superlative performances for the Greek side, Arsenal fans can’t wait to have him in an Arsenal shirt. His versatility means Wenger would prefer to have him in the team since he is more suited for Arsenal’s fluid attack.

How many strikers does Arsenal really need? Owing to the Gunners’ style of play (4-5-1) formation, Arsenal can only play with one lone striker which means we need more of versatile attackers that wingers. To this end, I will pick Loic Remy and probably Julian Draxler over Morata and Alcacer. My reason isn’t far-fetched, Remy is already settled in the Premier League and is available on the cheap while Draxler’s versatility means he can play on the wings and also lead the attack if need be. As for Morata and Alcacer, we need neither of them.