Why Arsenal Should Sign Karim Benzema Ahead Of Chelsea And Manchester United

Once again, we are being linked with a move for Karim Benzema of Real Madrid; and this time around, it seems we could get our man. Arsenal have the edge given a lot of reasons, which will be explained on this blog.

The Wenger factor

Arsene Wenger is a strong admirer of the French forward, and has been monitoring his progress since his days at Lyon. Arsenal were interested in signing him along with Mesut Ozil and Angel di Maria last summer, but we were only able to get Ozil. Wenger’s interest in signing the Madrid striker is real in my opinion.

The Ozil factor

Another advantage Arsenal hold over other clubs in the running for the player’s signature is the fact that we already have Mesut Ozil in the team. 26 year old Benzema enjoyed a fine run of form while Ozil was still at Madrid as the German was always supplying the passes that made him score a lot of goals. Ozil is every striker’s dream, and Benzema could be encouraged to make the move to Arsenal over teams like Manchester United and Chelsea.

Arsenal’s tenacity to sign the Frenchman is there

Arsenal’s long time interest in the 26 year old Frenchman is another significant factor in the race to sign Benzema. The club has been monitoring his progress since his days at Lyon, and this could encourage Benzema to move to London.

The French contingent

Even with the departure of Bacary Sagna almost certain at the end of the season, Arsenal is a club with a lot of French players. The club already boasts of a couple of players like Koscielny, Flamini, and Olivier Giroud. Of course, the manager is also French, which is a big boost for us as we seek to seal the player’s signing this summer.