Cazorla Confirms He Will Play for Arsenal Next Season

Prior to the build up to the World Cup in Brazil, there were reports that Santi Cazorla was unsettled at Arsenal and was looking to move away from England. Then reports emerged showing that Altetico Madrid was interested in signing ambidextrous midfielder. Those reports took more significance by the comments of Santi Cazorla while he was with the Spanish national team in Brazil. He said thus:

“When the World Cup is over I’ll start thinking about my situation.” he went further

“I don’t want to be thinking about it right now and I have told my agents not to tell me anything if an offer comes in,”

“I know a few of the Altetico players like Godin, Juan Fran and I know the side from when i was playing the Spanish league.”

Those comments were from Santi Carzola to Spanish publication AS in June.

However, the trajectory has changed with the Spaniard looking to spend more years at Arsenal, stating he is very happy at the club. Speaking to reporters, he said:

” I’m happy here. (Arsenal)”

“I want to play for Arsenal for more years. Of course, next year I play for Arsenal.

“Sanchez is a very good player, he’s a great signing for this club. He’s played a long time for Barcelona and he played very well for Chile in Brazil. He’s a top player.

“I am very happy for him and the club and I hope to enjoy playing with him on the pitch.

“It’s important to make signings because the other teams like Chelsea and Manchester City have signed good players. We needed more players next season for a stronger team.”

Completely different words from the ones he used a month ago. The intentions of the club in the transfer window must have focused the mind of the former Malaga player. The arrival of Alexis Sanchez and other signings that are on their way must have galvanised those within the club with Santi Cazorla included.

The fact he has pledged his future to the club beyond the wording of the contract extensions he signed earlier in the year, shows Arsenal have a player in it hands that is ready to go the distance this coming season.

One thing is clear though, the signing of new players have a way of rubbing off positively on the direction of other players already at a club, and the signs the club has shown in the transfer market this summer has certainly strike a cord in the mind of Santi Cazorla that he is now willing to spend more years in the red and white of Arsenal.