Xhaka Is Done Deal, Arsenal Opens Talks To Sign Riyad Mahrez, Walcott To Leave

In a news that many Arsenal fans will be happy with, Arsenal are said to be keenly intereste in signing Leicester City’s Riyad Mahrez. According to popular journalist, Emanuele Giulianelli Leicester City have asked for Theo Walcott in exchange for the Algerian but Walcott is not ready to leave the Emirates stadium.

This has however not stopped Arsenal’s interest in the African. Wenger is said to be a big fan of the highly rated player and been talking to his representatives with a view of convincing the player to move to Arsenal this summer.

With Theo Walcott not willing to leave, it may be a little difficult but if Wenger wants to be ruthless, we may just have Mahrez donning out colours next season. He is obviously better than Theo Walcott and his versatility means he can cover a number of positions in the time of our inevitable injury crisis.

Although we will never know the reason why Walcott does not want to move to Leicester City but my guess is it is because he and his young family are settled in London and if thats the case, a move to West ham may may sense and will be good for both the club and the player. At West ham, he will be a regular and Arsenal will be able to bring in a worthy replacement.