Breaking News – Arsenal Reach Agreement To Sign Morata For £38m

With Granit Xhaka deal done and dusted, Arsenal have commenced moves to sign a striker for the club. With the poor shows from Giroud and Walcott last season and Welbeck out till March ( two months before the end of next season ), Arsenal could do with the signing of another striker.

We have been linked many strikers but it appears Alvaro Morata is Wenger’s choice. According to a report by Spaniard media outlet Cadena, Arsenal have finally won the race to sign the high rated former Real Madrid player. The media outlet claim Arsenal will be paying a total of £38 million for Morata with an upfront payment of £23.4m.

This news if true means Arsenal is finally signing a world class striker ever since Robin Van Persie left. No disrespect to Welbeck who was signed two years ago but let’s be honest, Morata is better than Welbeck. Despite not playing regularly for Juventus last season, he still managed to score 16 goals.

Although I personally don’t believe he is worth £38 million but he is sure to be transformed under Wenger. The Frenchman has done it with other strikers in the past and I won’t be surprised if he does it with Morata. Morata has the qualities to become world class, under a proper manager.