“I Will Complete Arsenal Move After Euros” £80k/Week Star Confirms

According to Football transfer tavern, Former Arsenal captain Mikel Arteta is on the verge of a summer move to Manchester City after announcing his retirement from football.

Arteta will link up with old friend and fellow La Masia colleague Pep Guardiola who will take over from Manuel Pellegrini in the summer. Arteta is expected to join Guardiola’s coaching staff as he is currently doing his coaching course with the Wales FA.

Arteta meanwhile maintains he remains grateful to Arsene Wenger saying, “it is very hard to stop but I wanted to leave it . I wanted to decide, and I thought for the last few months that I wasn’t good enough to represent this club on the pitch .”

” You have to accept it. It has been a long time for me to be playing football and I didn’t want to cheat them or anyone . It is time. I want to leave it like this and we will see what happens . “

“You have to be honest with yourself . That’s why I haven’t been upset with the manager. I have been upset with myself. When you can’t get it right and you have been through injuries and difficult moments at this level.”

“For me to play at this club, you have to be the best in your position. When you lose that, I think you should be away from this place. I have probably been here too long”.

“In the last few months, I probably didn’t deserve to be here but at least I got the chance against Aston Villa to stay in touch right them and it has been amazing”.

“For me, the standards you need to play for this club, it cannot be right out of 10. It has got to be 10 out of 10. When you cannot deliver that, it is not good enough”.

“Sometimes, people get away with it. Inside myself, my got wasn’t clean and when you are like this, I prefer to make the decision myself ,” he concluded .