Medical Done, Fee Agreed, Arsenal Signs World Cup Winner, Chelsea Loses Out

Arsenal will in the coming days announce th signing of yet another summer signing according to reports. After signing Granit Xhaka and officially announcing the signing, Arsenal have been linked with the signing of various players in various positions.

According to the agent of high rated FIFA uder 17 world cup winner Kelechi Nwakali, the player will in the next coming days officially become an Arsenal player. Kelechi Nwakali had in March flown to London alongside his agent and former Arsenal star Kanu Nwamkwo to hold talks with Arsenal which was successful. He reportedly underwent his medical with the club at the same time.

Now his agent has confirmed the deal as all but done.

“Arsenal gave Kelechi permission to come for international duty. I have spoken to Arsenal and they have been asking me when he’s going to return, ” Allwell Nwakali told allnigeriasoccer.com.

“As soon as he is free he will go back to Arsenal, June 5th he will be 18 and become an Arsenal player officially. Arsenal only gave him a pre- contract.

“After the return leg against Burundi, he will have to go back to Arsenal and finish up before returning to Nigeria for the qualifiers.”

Allwell Nwakali added : “They have stopped giving special talents automatic work permits. Wenger said he will do his best so Kelechi gets a work permit by the Grace of God.

“He is in Wenger’s plans, he will do his best to make sure he plays for Arsenal.”

This is good news for Arsenal in so many ways. I personally watched all Nigeria’s matches at of the FIFA under 17 world cup and virtually all the other matches, Nwakali was by miles the best player at the tournament. His maturity bellied his age.

He is certainly one for the future and it is a good thing that we have moved quickly to sign the Nigerian. If he continues to develop the way he is, he will end up been our next Paddy Vieira and even better.