Selling Club CONFIRMS Arsenal Bid For Their Striker – Not Morata

Judging by the number of rumours linking Arsenal to the signing of one striker to the other, it appears it is inevitable that Wenger will bring in a striker to the club this summer. And rightly so, after such a poor season from Giroud and Theo Walcott, it is simply mandatory and very necessary that we sign a striker this summer.

We have already been linked with the signing of the likes of Morata, Lukaku, Cavani, Vardy, Icardi but a new name has been added to the list. Although the interest in the aforementioned stars has not been confirmed by either Arsenal or their clubs but in what could be seen as a confirmation by the would be selling club, Udinese president Franco Soldati has confirmed Arsenal have made an offer for their striker Duvan Zapata.

Duvan Zapata had a good season in the just concluded serie A season scoring Eight goals in 25 league games for Udinese. This is despite the fact that all attacking moves by Udinese is targeted at giving the ball to club legend Antonio Di Natale.

Antonio Di Natale was quoted as saying; “There is a clause that allows Napoli to recall him early from the two-year loan.

“He is very happy in Udine, his agent said that too, and I hope he can remain with our jersey.

“He also received many offers from abroad, including from Arsenal.

“However, first we want Coach Beppe Iachini to get to know the team so they can make shared decisions.”

Although Duvan Zapata seem like a decent player, I do not see him of Arsenal quality and won’t be surprised if he doesn’t end up at Arsenal. However, if Napoli recalls him, then maybe his recall will have a domino effect on our transfer business this summer as that would mean Higuain could leave Napoli. I will definitely not mind seeing Higuain in our colours.