Sturridge To Become A Gunner, Chamberlain Off To Liverpool In Exchange

If a report in the English press today is anything to go by, Alex Oxlade Chamberlain could be on his way to Liverpool this summer. It is claimed that the former Southamtpon star is wanted by Liverpool and Wenger is willing to let him go in an attempt to convince Liverpool to sell Daniel Sturridge.

Some murmurs in the British press had claimed Sturridge is not happy with Liverpool medical team and as the club are not ready to change their medical team because of him, he wants to leave Arsenal and is in favour of a move to Arsenal, a club he has supported since he was a child. This development if true will be a shocker to the world. No one would have thought Arsenal and Liverpool will do business in the transfer window especially after the Luis Suarez debacle.

And should we by chance sign Sturridge, it will be a massive statement of intent. Let’s face it, Sturridge is a top class striker when he is not injured. In my opinion, he is up their the same class as Cavani, Higuain, Morata, Benzema while the likes of Lewandowski, Suarez and co are in another class of their own.

And after playing over 100 games and impressing in just about 10, 15 games over the last five years, I doubt Arsenal fans will be too disappointed if Chamberlain is allowed to leave, especially if we are getting Sturridge in.