“I Am Off” Morata Practically Confirms Arsenal Transfer News

Juventus and Spanish International forward Alvaro Morata has raised the hopes of Arsenal who have been reported to be interested in signing him. The Forward is on international duty with the Spanish National team has made it known that his future would be resolved before the start of the Euro 2016 on 10 June.

Morata has been linked with former club Real Madrid who have are allowed to buy him back for a stipulated fee from Juventus and then sell him to another club in the same summer. The buy-back clause was inserted in Morata’s contract before his sale to Juventus in 2013.

Morata wasn’t a regular in Real Madrid before joining Juventus as Karim Benzema kept him out of the Real Madrid team. At Juventus , Morata has earned more first-team opportunities often playing in big games including last season’s final Champions League.

With Arsenal and Manchester United linked with Morata, it seems it would soon be a reality as rumours have intensified. The Sun reported at a time that Arsenal were ready to make a £28 million bid for him.

Morata had this to say about a move to Arsenal to AS, ” Hopefully everything will be resolved June 13, the first game of Spain. Because it is uncomfortable to be here thinking about helping your country with phone in hand. Let’s see what happens at the end and where to play.”

“Clearly that is what I like. That is my wish, succeed in Madrid. But in Madrid there are great players. And what I want is to play and feel important.”

“There are some offers from England that are tempting, not only by the contract. I think for my characteristics the Premier also be a great destination.”

“I’m not saying by this that I want to leave Juventus, a team that I can only speak well of. I say going to the Premier League would not be step backwards. With what I have learned in Italy, if I have the chance to learn something more in England I think it would make me a more complete, better player. I’m 23 and all I want is progress, play, learn from the best ,” he concluded .

This will come as a good news as Arsenal need a prolific goalscorer who would convert the many chances created by the likes of Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez. Though Arsenal finished second behind champions Leicester City, the club lacks a proven scorer as the likes of Oliver Giroud and Theo Walcott are far from prolific.

The only problem that might derail the move is the high cost that would be needed in the signing as Real Madrid would be willing to sell him in order to make a huge profit after buying him back from Juventus this season.