Not VARDY – Arsenal Agrees Personal Terms For THIRD Summer Signing

Arsenal are on the verge of yet another signing and it is not that of Jamie Vardy. Vardy we all know is a matter of time before he becomes a Gunner but newer reports in the English press this morning claims Arsenal have agreed yet another deal and an official announcement is imminent. According to the report, the player we have reached an agreement for is high rated Hoffenheim’s Antonio Colak.

Daily mirror had broke the news days ago and now Express claim the deal is agreed. The highly rated striker who spent last season on loan at Bundesliga two side Kaiserslautern played 25 games and scored seven goals and created two assists.

His impressive performance has seen him linked with moves to Italy and West Ham. He was recently praised by club sporting director Markus Schupp for his aeriel prowress and “quality” eye for goal.

“Antonio is a player who brings just the right mentality,” FC Kaiserslautern sporting director, Markus Schupp said back in April.

“He’s a strong-minded player, with a very professional attitude who works a lot on the field for the team and covers large distances.

“He is direct and also strong in the air and has a quality eye for goal.”

He has a year left on his contract which means he will be cheap hence it is not a surprise he has been linked with many clubs. However, considering the caliber of players we have been linked with recently, it is unlikely that Arsenal will be interested in him. If he was a youth team player, we could say Wenger sees a future in the game for him but he is already 22-year-old and should be a first team player.