Not Vardy – Club Confirms Transfer Talks With Arsenal Over Surprise Deal

Arsenal seem to be keen on getting all their transfer business done before the team embarks on pre-season though of American and the Scandinavia. Arsenal are working on both the incoming and the outgoing players. Granit Xhaka is already done and dusted and Jamie Vardy seem to be on the way. But on the outgoing front appears to be David Ospina.

When last week reports claim Arsenal and Turkish giants Besiktas are in talks in regards to the transfer of David Ospina, many thought it was mere speculation as people believe Wenger is unlikely to let the Colombian go especially as Szczesny looked set to remain at Roma for at least another season.

However, Besiktas have now officially confirmed the new that Ospina could be joining them. The club claim an agreement hasn’t been reached but they are targeting the South American.

This much was confirmed by the club’s Transfer chief Gokhan Keskin while talking to Turkish radio station Radyospor;

“Nothing has been agreed on yet but we are targeting Ospina.”

This is shocking news especially as if Ospina leaves, we will be left with onyl Petr Cech and we certainly can’t afford to go into a season without at least two reliable keeper. It could however mean Szczesny is getting recalled back to the club rather than been allowed to remain at AS Roma for another year.