Not Vardy – Arsenal Close To Deal For £140,000-A-Week Liverpool Target

One of the Arsenal players that divide opinions the most in recent time Theo Walcott could be on his way out of the club this summer despite recent reports claiming Wenger is reluctant to sell him. According to the London Evening Standard, West Ham want the player and have told Arsenal they are ready to pay as much as £25 million for his services.

Arsenal will certainly be stupid not to accept an offer of £25 million for Theo Walcott who is likely not to have a key role for Arsenal next season and earns JUST £140,000 a week to do almost nothing. Getting Walcott off the wage bill alone makes sense and it is even sweeter if we do so while still getting a £25 million transfer fee. The fact that he has been linked with West Ham, Southampton, Leicester City and Liverpool shows there is interest in him which will work in Arsenal’s favour.

With someone like Mkhitaryan available for £27 million, it will simply be stupid if we do not sell Walcott to the Hammers and bring in the Dortmund star as his replacement. Mkhitaryan is way better than Walcott and far more versatile. He will also command less wages than Theo Walcott. His signing will also create a buzz in the fan base and among the players which is something Arsenal could do with right now.