Ricardo Rodriguez To Become A Gunner, Wolfsburg Director Confirms Big News

In what can be taken as a big hint of what to expect in the coming days, Arsenal target Ricardo Rodriguez has confirmed a move to Arsenal will be “exciting” as he looks forward with playing with his national team mate Granit Xhaka. Both Xhaka and Rodriguez are said to be close friends and only recently the wolfsburg player confirmed he will like to share a room with the Arsenal new signing.

Kicker had revealed two weeks ago that Arsenal are considering signing Ricardo Rodriguez and that the Gunners are looking to activate the player’s €25 million release clause. The player himself has now added fuel to the rumours by saying it is “unrealistic” to stay at Wolfsburg;

“I don’t know where I’ll be going, everything’s still open,” he said. “It’s also not impossible to continue at Wolfsburg, even though it might be unrealistic right now.”

Wolfsburg’s sporting director Klaus Allofs has also hinted the player is on the way out of the club. Saying the last time he had talks with the player, it was his idea to leave Wolfsburg; “This is no news to us. That’s the agreement we struck with Ricardo. When we last talked his plan was clear. He wanted to leave us.

“A difficult season is behind us. We only need players with a clear mind. If the commitment to Wolfsburg’s not there, it’s better to part ways”

From all indication, the ball is firmly on Arsenal’s court and it appears Wenger and Arsenal knows the player wants to sign for us and are merely taking their time. Kicker are rarely wrong, if they say we have real interest in the player, it means we surely do.

Recall they also broke the Granit Xhaka news as well?