No Vardy But This 24 Goals In 53 Games Star Is Set To Join Arsenal

Arsenal seems to be on a hot pursuit of the Borussia Dortmund sensation, Henrikh Mkhitaryan according to reports. The 27-year-old was in phenomenal form as he netted 24 goals in 53 appearances in all competitions in the previous campaign.

The £25 million pounds rated Armenian Midfielder and captain has also been linked with moves to Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham and has only a year left on his contract with Dortmund. However, following the delay in the Gunners move for Jamie Vardy as the Leicester City forward has refused to make a decision as regards his move away from King Power Stadium until after the completion of the Euro 2016 tournament, Arsene Wenger has opted for the pursuit of Mkhitaryan according to the Sun and Dortmund are willing to sell the playmaker according to reports.

The Armenian international who was voted the best player in the Bundesliga last season will surely be an upgrade on Theo Walcott if we manage to get him. However, should we sign him, it will be interesting to see what happens to Walcott.

My guess is, once we see we can get Mkhitaryan, Wenger will stop the striker search and rely on Giroud and Walcott for next season. If Jamie Vardy agrees to join, Wenger is probably not going to mind because he is available for cheap but I can’t see Wenger signing Mkhitaryan and a £30m+ striker. It certainly won’t happen.