Medicals Scheduled, Wages Terms Agreed, Mahrez To Become A Gunner

If you believe reports from the French media, Arsenal might have reached an agreement with the representatives of Riyad Mahrez and the player himself ahead of a potential move to Arsenal this summer. Reports claim the player will undergo a medical with Arsenal this week should both Arsenal and Leicester City be able to reach an agreement.

Only yesterday the player himself refused to rule out a move to the Emirates. He was asked if he is considering move away from Leicester City with Arsenal said to be interested in him to which he replied; “It is flattering to hear, as I said nothing is agreed, nothing is done. We will see… For the moment I have not made a decision. We will see. It is possible that I stay, it is possible that I leave. We will see.”

Now the French media seem to think a deal is in place and Arsenal will trigger the £25 million release clause of the player. If the reports are true, then it will be an indication that Arsenal have accepted defeat in their pursuit of Mkhitaryan who is said to be Wenger’s first coice for the right wing position.

And should either Mahrez or Mkhitaryan sign for Arsenal, it will mean we have seen the last of Theo Walcott who himself has been linked with a move to Southampton, Liverpool and Leicester City. Liverpool have in particular been widely reported to be readying a £25 million bid for Theo Walcott which means there is a real chance of the Englishman leaving Arsenal this summer.