Henrikh Mkhitaryan To Become A Gunner? Dortmund Releases BIG NEWS

Arsenal have already tabled a bid of £20 million for Borussia Dortmund’s attacking midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan who has refused to sign a contract extension at the German club this summer with one year to run in his current contract.

The Armenian is not short of suitors as the likes of Juventus, Manchester United and Arsenal are all eager to sign him this summer. This is coming after the player who was signed from Sharktar Donetsk in 2013, scored 23 goals and provided 32 assists in 52 games in all competitions last season for Thomas Tuchel’s side.

The player is already 27 and appears to be in his prime and will be a bargain at £20 million considering his technical and tactical attributes which have set him apart from his peers. With Arsenal playing so inconsistent and lacking the firepower and creativity to breakdown defensive minded teams last season which saw them miss out again for 12 years running for the Premier League title.

Mkhitaryan is an upgrade on the likes of Joel Campbell, Aaron Ramsey and Theo Walcott as he can play in any position in attack and also has a decent goal scoring record even when playing in midfield. Arsenal lacked the experience to deal with the pressure that comes from chasing the title and at such cannot afford to prosecute next season’s campaign with the same set of players that failed to deliver last season.

Dortmund on the other hand are determined not to let the player leave this season . What this means is that the player will be forced to play out his contract and then leave next season for free just like Robert Lewandowski was forced to do in 2013/2014 season . This is due to the fact Dortmund want to send across a message to their players that they cannot force their wishes on the club, thinking that their contracts won’t be respected.

Hanz-Joachim Watzke who is Dortmund’s Chief Executive had this to say, ” We have been negotiating with Henrikh Mkhitaryan for four months for him to extend his contract with us.

“Now we know that it is not extended, it was never our commitment that Mkhitaryan may leave us prematurely.

“We have intensely discussed the question of an early transfer in all club bodies and came to the conclusion that Mkhitaryan will stay in Dortmund next season,” he concluded.

This certainly reduces the chances of the player joining Arsenal as Dortmund is known as a club who rarely speak but do carry out their club operations in line with their statements.