Italian Club CONFIRMS £65,000-A-Week Star Will Complete Arsenal Move

Sky Italia is reporting that, Italian Serie A club AS Roma has announced they are seriously interested in signing Arsenal goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny.

Szczesny, who spent last season on loan at Italian side AS Roma and the Italian outfit, is impressed by the performance of the Arsenal goal tender. The 23 year old goalkeeper is often considered a long term solution for the position but a string of poor performances and off-field antics have left him last in the pecking order. The signing of former Chelsea man Petr Cech last summer has made Szczesny or Ospina unlikely to be the first choice goalkeeper anytime soon.

Should AS Roma sign Szczesny, then clearly Ospina becomes the second choice goalkeeper for Arsenal.

Szczesny initially showed promise and was a reliable shot stopper for the Gunners.

Speaking to Sky Italia, the Roma manager Spalletti said

“We’re trying to keep hold of Wojciech Szczesny, even if there isn’t a goalkeeping problem, considering we’ve signed Alisson. Morgan De Sanctis will probably continue to be part of our squad.”

Szczesny earlier claimed he has learned more in the past four months at Roma than he did in 10 years at the North London club Arsenal.

“I learned more in four months under Spalletti than in 10 years in England. He puts a lot of importance on playing the ball to feet.

“One day we trained for over 45 minutes just on goal kicks.”

The goal tender is first choice at Roma and has previously said he is open to remaining with Roma beyond the end of his loan spell.

Szczesny’s current contract with the Gunners will expire in 2018 but it is unclear if he has a future back at the north London club.