Despite Wenger Denial, Jamie Vardy To Become A Gunner, Player Speaks

Jamie Vardy has spoken publicly concerning his Arsenal’s transfer speculations for the first time, with the England striker insisting he is primarily focused on the England task at present.

It was reported earlier this month that Arsenal triggered the £20m release clause in Vardy’s contract at Leicester City.

According to online media Squawka, the player was offered a deal worth over £100,000-per-week by the Gunners, who expected the move to have been completed before the start of the on-going European championship.

The England International, Vardy flew to France with his National team, without completing the deal or deciding his futures, leaving Arsenal and Arsene Wenger’s transfer plans stalling until England end its participation at the tournament.

Vardy was asked about how he’s coped with stalling the offer from Arsenal, Vardy said, as reported by talkSPORT: “It’s been easy.

“I’m here to concentrate and focus on England and that’s all I’m going to be doing. Now we’ll just get back on that training field and focus on the next match.”

Vardy, who was largely responsible for the Three Lions’ 2-1 victory over Wales on Thursday, as he scored the equaliser after being substituted on at half-time, will be hoping to start that next fixture – England’s final Group B game, against Slovakia

The foxes star, played a huge role in Leicester City’s success, directly contributing to 30 goals – six assists and 24 strikes of his own.