DONE DEAL – Wenger PERSONALLY Confirms Two KEY Signings On The Way

Arsenal Manager Arsene Wenger has again stated his intention to make just two more major signings in the current summer transfer window.

Wenger has reportedly set his eyes on signing three quality players, after releasing midfield trio of Tomas Rosicky, Mikel Arteta and Mathieu Flamini on bosman rule, as reported by Standard Sport last month

Arsenal has earlier strengthened the central midfield areas with the £34million signing of Swiss international midfielder Granit Xhaka. It is thought that the remaining additions are likely to be a striker and a defensive player.

Wenger told Tencent Sports “We’ve already bought one player – Granit Xhaka – from [Borussia] Monchengladbach, because we’ve lost three players. We’ve lost Arteta, we’ve lost Rosicky and Flamini,”.

“So we’ve bought one midfielder and we’re still in the market to buy one or two more players.

“But it is not easy. It is not just buying. We also have to keep a good balance. If you buy too many players you destabilize your team. So three is the maximum.”

It will be recalled that Arsenal triggered Jamie Vardy’s £20million release clause and are waiting for the striker to make a decision after the European championships where he is currently preparing to represent his National team.

The England international is increasingly likely to reject interest from Arsenal and sign a new contract at Leicester.

Juventus striker Alvaro Morata is also rumored, but the club could find themselves with Real Madrid who are set to activate their buyback clause in their 2014 transfer agreement over the Spanish international. Other suitors include Chelsea and Manchester United.

Its believed Arsenal have also scouted Napoli striker Gonzalo Higuain, Borussia Dortmund’s attacker Henrikh Mkhitaryan and AZ Alkmaar’s Dutch international Vincent Janssen.