Julian Draxler To Become A Gunner? Wolfsburg Release Exciting News

The day after Arsene Wenger lauded Wolfsburg forward, Julian Draxler, Kicker is reporting that the player wants to leave the club.

It is no mystery that Arsene Wenger is an admirer of the former Schalke midfielder. He was targeted last summer, but the deal failed to materialized as the player opted to remain in Germany where he joined Wolfsburg

Draxler joined Wolfsburg in 2015, which the 22-year-old is presently describing as a ‘mistake’ in his carrer. He scored five goals in 21 appearances for Wolsburg in the Bundesliga and made six assists.

Be that as it may, as per Kicker, the player wants to leave the Volkswagen Arena. This news comes the day after Arsene Wenger advised Chinese TV that he’s intrigued to see ‘what Draxler is doing’.

“At the moment I think most of the young talented players are in France,” Wenger said.

“We speak about (Anthony) Martial, we speak about (Kingsley) Coman, who are still about 20. And I’ve seen a very interesting young talent from Turkey – (Emre) Mor.

“You have as well some other players like (Leroy) Sane in Germany. It will be very interesting as well to follow what Draxler is doing, he’s still a very young player.”

Since this report from Kicker, Wolfsburg manager, Klaus Allofs, has told Bild that neither Julian Draxler or Andre Schurrle will leave the club.

“We generally say that we listen to everything. That expressively does not have any significant bearing for Andre and Julian,” Allofs said.

“We always say that we listen to everything. That expressively does not apply for Andre and Julian,” Allofs said.

“We don’t want to sell them, we want to return to the Champions League with them.”

Wolfsburg can only relsease a statement all they like, but if the player decides to leave the club, he would want to force his way out to greener pastures but if he is forced to remain as per contract agreements, the player might end-up being an ‘unhappy’ flop.

A clear example is the case of Berahino and West Ham, he was refused a move in January, when he was one of the most promising talent in the Premier League but now he is a ‘shadow’ of himself in West Ham.

Arsenal is of course, the destination, if the German International is to leave the Volkswagen Arena.