No Vardy No Problem, Arsenal On The VERGE Of Signing £80,000-A-Week Striker

Although the Jamie Vardy to Arsenal deal looks to be still very much alive despite Wenger’s statement that he feels the Englishman will remain at Leicester and not join Arsenal, Wenger has his team of deal makers are not leaving things to chance.

Arsenal are said to be interested in signing Russia’s Kokorin. Kokorin was a loan target for Arsenal last summer but the move failed. The 25-year-old moved from Dynamo Moscow to Zenit Saint Petersburg in January and scored only twice in 12 appearance for his new club last season.

Notwithstanding his impassive season, he was chosen for Leonid Slutsky’s Russia squad for the masterpiece competition right now in progress in France – Euro 2016.

Kokorin has begun both of Russia’s Group B games so far and will probably be featured against Wales. As indicated by Russian outlet Sport Express, Wenger has been watching out for the striker nearby his punditry obligations.

Kokorin was taken off after 76 minutes following a poor performance in Russia’s 2-1 defeat to Slovakia on Wednesday.

While Kokorin may have neglected to awe Wenger, the Gunners manager has affirmed he is in the transfer market searching for new players this summer.

I personally would prefer Jamie Vardy and if we can not get Vardy, we should go for Icardi. However, if Wenger feels Kokorin is what he wants, so be it. We as fans have no choice than to support his decision.