Club President CONFIRMS £65,000-A-Week Star Set For Arsenal Transfer

Turkish side Besiktas’ interest in Arsenal’s second choice goal keeper David Ospina appears to be cooling with the London club reluctant to lower their asking price for the Colombian.

Besiktas are left frustrated at the £3million asking price by the Gunners. The Colombian goalkeeper is behind former Chelsea goal keeper Petr Cech in the pecking order and played just four times for Arsenal in the Premier League last season. Ospina, 27, is No.2 at the club behind Petr Cech who arrived last summer and played just four games in the Premier League last season

It is believed that Ospina is keen to move on away from Arsenal, after a second season in the Premier League in which he has struggled for first team football, playing no part in any Arsenal game between September 29 and January 30 after string of error in a 3-2 Champions League loss to Olympiakos.

Its believed that the Turkish title holders, would be able to offer him regular first team football and Champions League football.

Club President Fikret Orman said: “Arsenal want a lot for him so we may have to look for alternatives.

“I do want Ospina and we are going to get a foreign keeper.”

The Colombian proved his worth when deputizing for an injured Petr Cech in March and April and Ospina’s heroics at the on-going Copa America has earned his country a place in the semi-finals where they face Chile.

Arsenal should try to keep Ospinas at all cost to serve as adequate back up to Petr Cech as Szczesny is set to continue his loan spell at Roma.