DEAL Approved – Henrikh Mkhitaryan GIVEN Permission To Sign For Arsenal

With Theo Walcott not doing particularly well last season and many Arsenal fans looking like they have given up on the English man, Arsenal certainly could do with the signing of another right sided winger. And to this end, Arsenal have been linked with the signing of many wingers in the market. One of the most linked is Henrkh Mkhitaryan of Dortmund.

Reports had earlier claimed Dortmund are not considering the sale of the Bundesliga player of the year but yesterday, SportsBild a reliable German media powerhouse broke the news that Dortmund are now ready to listen to offers for their contract rebel.

Mkhitaryan has just one year left on his contract and has so far refused to sign a new deal. He has been linked with a move to Manchester United and Arsenal. Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is said to be keen on signing the Armenian international.

Dortmund are said to be demanding in excess of 34 million for the versatile midfielder. This amount is steep but considering the situation Arsenal have boxed themselves into ( by not doing the right business last summer ) I think Wenger should pay it. The market is massively inflated and unfortunately it is either are a left behind or play the market the way others are playing it.

We can’t be getting more money from the TV deal and still be spending so little. Manchester United are able to command higher fees from their sponsors simply because they have been successful over the years and there is no how we as a club can be successful if we refuse to leave 2006 figures behind us and spend what’s needed.

With Dortmund giving Mkhitaryan the premission to leave the club for the right price, it is a perfect opportunity for us. Mkhitaryan certainly won’t command as much wages as Theo Walcott and what we lose in transfer fee is likely to be made up for in wages. And the fact that the player had made it clear in the past that Arsenal are his favorite team should work in our favour.