N’Golo Kante To Become A Gunner If..

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has in the last week spoken about Arsenal’s disappointment in the chase for the signature of Jamie Vardy from Leicester City. The  Frenchman who himself has been burnt many tmes by disloyal players went on to praise Vardy for his loyalty to Leicester City which in ideal word is the right decision.

Wenger however went on to heap praises on N’Gola Kante and at the same time hinted at the player moving to Arsenal;

Wenger said, “It is very difficult to talk about that at the moment. Kante is on the list of many clubs. It is an area where we have many players.

“We will see what happens in the next two or three weeks. It looks like Leicester have bought a player from Nice [Nampalys Mendy] with similar qualities to Kante, so  whether they envisage to lose him or not I don’t know.

“If you ask 100 people in the street if they want Kante to play [for France] you will get 100 saying yes. He has done the job in one or two games and I am not  surprised.

“I said two months ago this boy will play the whole European Championship. We know him well from Leicester now and I am not surprised that he is starting. He has been  one of the revelations of the French team.”

I personally agree with Wenger. Many teams could do with Kante. However, can Arsenal sign him? Yes, we have a good chance of signing him but the real question is, do  we need him? Kante is no doubt a good player but Arsenal’s midfield is already crowded and I can only see him moving to Arsenal if one of our current midfielders  leave.

Could Wenger have an idea that one of the current first team players will leave? With Ramsey linked with a move to Barca and Man City, it will not be a surprise and to  be honest, Ramsey although a good player, he doesn’t fit into the current Arsenal team. He is not discipline enough to play the box to box role and has Ozil ahead of  him in the role behind the striker and he is NEVER a winger.