Off To Arsenal? £80,000-A-Week Striker Gives BIG HINT

Former Juventus striker Alvaro Morata has revealed that he would be open to securing a transfer away from Real Madrid in the summer, if he is not guaranteed regular first-team football at the Madrid club.

Morata rejoined Real Madrid when the Spanish club opted to activate the buy-back clause in the striker’s contract and bring him back to Spain.

The Spain striker has since been linked with a move to the English Premier League in recently, and has been rumored as a target for both Chelsea and Arsenal this summer.

Reports suggests Real Madrid are preparing to offload the striker and sell him on at a profit this summer, with the English Premier League is believed to be his most likely destination.

According to the player’s latest comments, Morata will be unwilling to play a bit-part role at Real Madrid next season.

Speaking to Spanish TV channel Cuatro, Morata said: “I do not have to prove anything. I am no longer a Castilla (Real Madrid’s reserve team) player. Madrid will decide if I am capable. If not, another decision will have to be taken.

“I want to be one more at Madrid and fight for a place. I am a Madrid player and I cannot say anything. I would love to continue at Madrid, but I want to be important and fight for a place.”

Looking at Arsenal manager Arsene Wengers  antecedents, it is unlikely Arsenal will pay as much for the Spanish striker.