CONFIRMED BY ESPN, Arsenal To ANNOUNCE Signing £40.3m Star In Days

In a news that will surely delight Arsenal fans, reports by ESPN includes that Arsenal are just matter of days away from completing their second summer signing. According to the reports, Gabriel Barbosa of Santos has confirmed his interest to join top European clubs this summer and Arsenal is lining up an offer for the Brazilian player. Arsene Wenger has been in the transfer market this summer is search for a player to fortify his side’s strike power for the 2016/17 season.

The Frenchman was enthused about conveying Jamie Vardy to the Emirates before the England International turned down the move to remain at Leicester City.

As indicated by ESPN Brazil, Wenger has now turned his attention to Gabriel with a specific end goal to reinforce his side’s striking force for the upcoming battle in the EPL next season.

Reports suggest that Arsenal have tabled an official offer for the services of the Brazilian as they hope to convey him to the Emirates.

The 19-year-old has offers from China as the Asian outfit Hebei China were willing to pay a lucrative fee for the player. Be that as it may, the player is not interested in going to Asia as he would prefer top European clubs.

“Yes, I have offers from some of the big clubs in Europe that interest me, but that is for my parents and my employers, but I am happy at Santos. That will sort itself out in time. Santos is my home, but we will make a calm decision,” Gabriel said.

The player however, confessed to have gotten a few offers from top European clubs and has abandoned it to his parents and Santos to decide on his future.

Gabriel has a £40.3m release clause in his contract with Santos as per reports from the Sun. Gabriel’s style of play has seen him being contrasted with Barcelona’s star and he is named the “New Neymar.” The La Liga star likewise moved to the Catalan club from Santos and his countryman could convince him to join Arsenal who are interested for his services.

He broke into Santos’ first team in 2013 and since then he has already bagged over 50 goals for his club. Gabriel’s form has seen him make it to the Brazil squad and he was a part of the national side that experienced a disillusioning way out of the group stages of the 2016 Copa America Centenario.