Personal Terms AGREED, £95,000-A-Week “New Neymar” To Join Arsenal

Report says the Gunners are interested in signing Santos star Gabriel Barbosa this summer. Arsene Wenger is keen on signing a player this summer to strengthen his attacking option against next season.

The former Monaco manager failed in his attempt to sign England international Jamie Vardy despite triggering his release clause. The striker has since signed a new deal at Leicester City in order to continue at the King Power Stadium.

The French man has now turned his attention to signing Gabriel from Brazil club Santos in order to strengthen his side’s attack for the new campaign, According to ESPN Brasil. It’s believed that the Gunners have tabled an official bid as they look to bring him to the English Premier League this summer.

Reports say Gabriel, 19, has offers from Asian outfit Hebei China who were willing to pay a mouthwatering fee and also huge wages in order to lure him to China. It’s believed the player is not interested in moving to Asia and has set his sights on joining Arsenal instead.

It’s understood that Arsenal’s offers fit Gabriel’s requirements and he is willing to move to Europe in the summer transfer window. The player has admitted to have received several offers from top clubs in Europe and has left it to his parents and current club Santos to decide on his future.

“Yes, I have offers from some of the big clubs in Europe that interest me, but that is for my parents and my employers, but I am happy at Santos. That will sort itself out in time. Santos is my home, but we will make a calm decision,” Gabriel said.

Gabriel broke into Santos’ first team in 2013 and has since bagged over 50 goals for his club. Gabriel’s form secured for him a place in the Brazil squad and he was part of the national side that crashed out disappointingly at the group stages of the 2016 Copa America Centenario.

The attacker has a £40m release clause in his contract according to The Sun reports.

Gabriel’s style of play has been likened to that of Barcelona star Neymar, and he is dubbed the “New Neymar.”