“I Just Signed For Arsenal And Will Play Pre-season” Claims 20-Goals Star

Arsenal latest signing Japanese Takuma Asano revealed joining Arsenal has allowed him to fulfil his dream to play overseas. Arsenal yesterday confirmed they had an agreement in principle to sign the youngster from J-league side Sanfrecce Hiroshima. The 21 years old striker still needs to pass a medical with Arsenal and be granted international clearance. The Japanese international has spoken of his eagerness to get his career with Arsenal underway.

“I am glad that I can have a challenge overseas, which I have always wanted,” he said.

“I want to play aggressively.

“I want to score many goals on the pitch, performing with my quick moves and eagerness.”

The wonder kid has won the J1 League title twice with J-League side Sanfrecce Hiroshima and last season was voted as the league’s rookie of the year following his nine goals in 34 games. The youngster made his Japan debut in August 2015 and has gone on to earn five caps for Japan.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has described the youngster as an option for the future, so the striker will have to wait a little more to earn first team opportunity.

Wenger said: “Takuma is a talented young striker and very much one for the future.

“He has had an impressive start to his career in Japan and we look forward to him developing over the next couple of years.”