Surprise! Arsenal favourites ahead of Sevilla to sign £8m Ligue 1 star

Arsenal Banter has teamed up together to bring fans the hottest trending transfer talk of the moment, as the Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is keen on bolstering his squad ahead of the upcoming Premier League season. Now, the story is about Toulouse forward Wissam Ben Yedder.

Ben Yedder celebrates after scoring a goal for Toulouse
Ben Yedder celebrates after scoring a goal for Toulouse

According to a report from the French news outlet, it claimed Arsenal might have had a setback with their pursuit of Alexandre Lacazette; however, we are closing in on the signing of 25-year-old Toulouse forward Wissam Ben Yedder.

According to the Telegraph citing reports from Canal+, they claimed we’ve have beaten La Liga giants Sevilla to the signature of the French forward for a fee believed to be in the region of £8m.

His availability has allowed other clubs to enter the bidding, and it appears now that manager Arsene Wenger has been quick to make a move.

However, the Frenchman is bound to face keen competition from the Europa League champions who also believe the youngster can make an impact on their squad in the La Liga.

Ben Yedder is now weighing up his options and a decision from him as to regards to his future will be reveal before the end of the week.

The north London club is currently out in America on their two-match pre-season tour where we are scheduled to face MLS All-Stars and Chica Guadalajara of Mexico.

Ben Yedder has bagged 70 goals for the French club, the Ligue 1 club in the past four season; including his 23-goal, he netted last year to help the club survive relegation.