BREAKING NEWS: Journalist confirms bid for Arsenal target

Transfer expert and Italian football journalist Emanuele Giulianelli has claimed earlier yesterday that Arsenal are lining up impressive moves for both Wissam Ben Yedder and Julian Draxler to strengthen their attacking options before the beginning of the new season.

The Daily Star reported that the Italian journalist has predicted that the Gunners will make a move for the duo attacking players before the end of the transfer window, and has confirmed on his thoughts in the potential deals by posting his thoughts on his Twitter account.

Giulianelli posted, “There is talk around the club about Ben Yedder & Draxler coming in potentially at Arsenal.”

Our interest in the Toulouse FC forward Ben Yedder has been a trending subject in recent weeks, with French journalist Ludo Deroin via French media Canal+ claimed that the 25-year-old will be left to choose between Sevilla and Gunners this summer after scoring 17 goals in 35 Ligue 1 appearances last season.

In contrast, Arsenal representatives have based the Gunners’ interest in VfL Wolfsburg’s Draxler over several years of scouting in the Bundesliga, and it looks like the North London club will finally make a bid for the Germany international, despite Wolfsburg officials claiming on several occasions that the 22-year-old is not for sale.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has not hidden the fact that he is on a desperate hunt for more striking options.

We’ve already seen our keen attempt at signing Jamie Vardy disappear following the Leicester star agreeing a new 5-year-deal with the club, despite the Gunners hitting the player’s £20m release clause in his contract.

Pursuit of Napoli star Gonzalo Higuain also came to an abrupt end after he joined Serie A rivals Juventus for €90m.