DONE & DUSTED? Arsenal plaeyer Breaks Latest Centre-back Transfer Update

Francis Coquelin has revealed that he has been playing as a centre-back in Arsenal training during the club’s current injury crisis.

The north London club are going through hard times this summer after Per Mertesacker was confirmed by the Gunners manager Arsene Wenger to be out for the next ‘five months.’

The German international suffered a knee injury in Arsenal pre-season match against Lens FC, and his absence, combined together with the rested Laurent Koscielny and the ill Gabriel, leaves us short of options at the back.

Calum Chamber is recognized now as the central defender, with our new summer signing Rob Holding and Nacho Monreal as the current alternatives. Our Premier League first kickoff against Liverpool at the Emirates stadium begins in little over a fortnight.

Speaking to the north London club’s official Snapchat account Wednesday, via Uber AFC on Twitter the French international midfielder confirmed that he has been training in defence at the Emirates.

Do we know what this means or can the message be decipher?

The French footballer according to Whoscored.com made more tackles (2.8) per game than any other player with more than five league appearances. The Frenchman compatriot Laurent Koscielny made one more interceptions than Coquelin (3.9). He didn’t make many clearances, mind – 0.8 per game.

Who do you think should start the season at centre-half for the Gunners…..?

  • Calum Chambers
  • Rob Holding
  • Krystian Bielik
  • Nacho Monreal