Forget Lacazette! Arsenal ready to land €18m-PLUS rated forward

After we had recently had our £29.3 million bid rejected by Olympique Lyonnais for the club forward Alexandre Lacazette and in order to get him to the Emirates at all cost, we would likely have to break the bank to sign the Frenchman, as according to report from French football writer Matt Spiro:

Given that, the north London club and manager Arsene Wenger are well known to be economically wise in spending money though, I think Mario Mandzukic may be seen as a good alternative given the Croatian relatively low value. His current value falls between €18m as according to Transfermkt.

Mandzukic proved to be an effective and predictable striker while at Juve, Atletico Madrid and doing his time at Bayern Munich, however the 30-year-old is not a wildly known prolific goal-scorer, he bagged just 18 goal in completions for the Serie A champions in the last campaign, per Whoscored.com.

Much of the criticism, boos and chants aimed at Olivier Giroud is basically because the French international his not scoring enough goals as predicted –Giroud has never bagged more than just 16 goals in a Premier League season – and having the former Bayern forward to the squad may not solve our problem in the front of the net.

However, if Arsene Wenger as according to Mirror is willing to bring the Croatian forward to the Emirates, I believe he should get succeed in that as the player will likely be offer more first-team football than he might get Juventus while still have the chance to play in the UEFA Champions League in the upcoming campaign.