DONE & DUSTED: Mustafi Finally Completes SHOCK Summer Move – He’s coming to London tomorrow!

Arsenal are getting close to signing Valencia defender Shkodran Mustafi just as the German is scheduled to fly to London tomorrow. Elsewhere, the north London club looks set to miss out on Leicester City and Algeria playmaker Riyad Mahrez.

In a fitting update for the Gunners, the Valencia defender will fly to England’s capital to start pre-season on Sunday, and the report according to the Spanish media Daily Marca claims the Premier League giants are “ready to put €30 million (£25 million) on the table” as cited by Sport Witness.

Sport Witness also cited a previous statement from Sky Germany via Bleacher Report claims that the Gunners are set to offer €30 million plus another €10 million (£8.4 million) in add-ons, however, it now seems that was wide of the mark.

The Gunners manager Arsene Wenger is keen on bolstering the club defensive options and is also on the hunt for excellent centre-back reinforcements after Per Mertesacker suffered an injury in the country pre-season match draw against Lens that will keep him out of action for at least a few months.

The manager spoke and was quoted on the Arsenal website this week and confirmed Mertesacker’s injury meant a new replacement and a new defender would be added to the squad this summer according to report via the Sky Sports.

“We have bad news on Per Mertesacker.”

“He played in Lens on Friday night, he finished the game and had a little pain on his knee. We found out the next day that it was much more serious than expected.”

“He had surgery yesterday in Germany. It all went well. I know you will ask me for how long he will be out. I don’t know that, it’s months, but I don’t know how long he will be out for.”