Impressive: Arsenal target on the verge of completing move – £57m bid already submitted

Danny Welbeck is out injured until 2017, while Mesut Ozil, Aaron Ramsey, and Olivier Giroud have been given extended breaks following runs to at least the semis of Euro 2016 with their countries.

Arsenal are on the verge on losing one of their top summer target to Chelsea who are reported to have made a significant breakthrough in their attempts to bring back Romelu Lukaku to the Stamford Bridge.

Everton have accepted that the Belgian forward wants to leave the Goodison Park and Arsenal with their London rival are said to be the only top suitors interested in the 23-year-old services. Everton will, however, demand an enormous fee to part with the forward.
According to the Daily Mirror, the Blues have already seen one offer of £57m turned down by the Toffees while Arsenal are yet to approach the Toffees with any bid.
The Stamford Bridge outfits bid for Lukaku is slightly more than twice the fee the Premier League giants bought the player back in the summer of 2014, but the club are reportedly willing to sell him in a figure that will make him the fourth most expensive player ever.
Crazy as it sound, Everton are looking for £75m for the Belgian international, a figure to nearly match the price Juventus recently paid for our former target Gonzalo Higuain, an enormous fee only reached by Gareth Bale and Cristiano Ronaldo when the duo joined Real Madrid in 2013 and 2009 respectively.
However, if we can meet up with Everton asking price for Lukaku, I believe with our ability to offer him Champions League football could prove crucial in any bidding war.