Leicester City Tells Arsenal They Can Sign Riyad Mahrez For £30m

Premier League Champions Leicester City will demand 30 million pounds from Leicester creative midfielder Riyad Mahrez, should the attacker reject an improved contract worth £100,000-a-week, according to a report in the Daily Star,

Riyad  Mahrez, 25, was Leicester’s creator in-chief last season scoring 17 goals and 10 assists helping Leicester city to a surprise Premier League title which landed the African man the PFA Player of the Year award.

Arsenal will battle with top clubs like English Premier league giant Manchester United and Spanish Champions Barcelona for the signature of the Algerian, who has admitted that he was flattered to be linked with such to European clubs and refused to rule out a move.

Mahrez was quoted earlier last month telling Mirror:

“It is flattering to hear, as I said nothing is agreed, nothing is done,”

“We will see… For the moment I have not made a decision. We will see. It is possible that I stay, it is possible that I leave. We will see.”

Rumor says Leicester have tried persuading Algerian midfielder Mahrez to ignore interest from the likes of Arsenal and remain at Leicester as the British tabloids are reporting that Leicester city have offered him a new deal worth £100,000-a-week.