CONFIRMED: €28m-RATED Confirms He Wants Arsenal Move Despite Contract Offer

It’s been a relatively busy summer in the transfer market thus far for Arsenal, additionally, it now appears to be more busier in the last month before the deadline.

Arsenal target Julian Draxler has confirmed he wants to leave the German club Wolfsburg this summer by denying assertions made by his club last month.

Draxler has been heavily linked with a move to the north London club but the German club claimed with the German winger is happy to remain at the Volkswagen Arena for another season.

Report according to German newspaper Bild (via Sky Sport) claim the German has hit back at the suggestions and claims made by the club about this desire to leave for three weeks.

He said,“Before you go public like that, you really should speak with me first.”

“The situation with me is that I made it clear to (head coach) Dieter Hecking after we were knocked out of Euro 2016 in the semi-final that I would like to leave Wolfsburg.”

“The coach has known about this for three weeks. It’s very surprising that they have been talking about me to the media for weeks.”

“I would have expected things to be different, for example for one of them to come to me and ask me how things are with me.”

He notched up 34 appearances for the German club in the last campaign after he made his move from Bundesliga rivals Schalke in 2015.

However, his contract with the Bundesliga giants was a five-year deal but he claims he was told he would be allowed to leave the club if any top European club should come in with an offer for him this summer.

He said, “When I joined, I was assured – verbally – that I could leave the club whenever the opportunity arose,”

“Both Hecking and (sporting director) Klaus Allofs said this. It was clear that Wolfsburg had good prospects, but also that they were a springboard for me.”

“It was always clear to everybody that I would like to join a top club in Europe, if I were to get the chance.”

With the recent update in the German issue, I believe manager Arsene Wenger could now be considering a move for him but still bound to face stiff competition from Juventus as they’re reportedly considering a move for him before the start of the new season.