From Italy: Arsenal set for talks with agent of ‘in-demand’ £60m-rated star – report

According to report coming from Italy (via TeamTalk), Mauro Icardi wife, and agent is reportedly due to fly to London to hold personal talks with Arsenal chiefs over a potential move for the Inter Milan hitman.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has been keen on bringing an highly-rated forward to the Emirates stadium and has been searching every angle after he missed signing Leicester City’s Jamie Vardy back in the month of June.

In his pursuit for a forward, the Frenchman has also been linked with Lyon forward Alexandre Lacazette, while Icardi has also been seen as a possible target with the report from the Daily Express last month that the Gunners were showing a keen interest in the striker.

The £60m-rated has many potentials and since he made his move from Sampdoria to the San Siro in 2013 he has bagged 52 goals in his 102 appearances for the Nerazzurri, I think the Argentinian would be a very successful tool in our squad.

However, the deal for the Inter forward would not be easy for the Gunners as the report also suggests that Napoli are also on the hunt for Icardi as they are searching for a replacement for his compatriot Gonzalo Higuain following his recent move to Juventus.

Arsenal are reportedly in talks with Lyon over £40m fee for Alexandre Lacazette so it’s not so certain the Gunners deal with Inter for Icardi might end up leading to anywhere as he Wenger isn’t likely to pay another £20m to sign Icardi.

Base on my view, Lacazette remains the most likely target and hopefully we can get something done soon as with Olivier Giroud likely to miss the Liverpool game, we have limited options up front for the start of the new season.