BOOM ! Arsenal agree to £100m+ spree as Wenger bids for two new signings

Arsene Wenger has made it known in recent weeks that he is searching for a centre-back after Per Mertesacker suffered a serious injury that is expected to keep him on the sidelines for up to four months.

Arsenal have had a bid £15.2m for Shkodran Mustafi rejected by Valencia as the bid as according to the La Liga giants falls well below their own valuation, as per The Sun.

The Spanish want a reported figure of £42m for the German centre back, which means the north London club will be expected to stump up a further £25m to secure his services.

In addition, despite the our reported low price bid for Mustafi, a move for him could still be possible after there has been confirmation from the Spanish club that are open to sell some of their players in order to meet Financial Fair Play regulations.

The club Sporting Director Jesus Garcia Pitarch told reporters in Spain as quoted by IBT that, “This is a turbulent summer. We have been able to complete seven exits and we would have to make two or three more to meet the Fair Play [regulations].”

“The Spanish giants have already sold Andre Gomes to Barcelona and when quizzed on the sale of Mustafi, Pitrach hinted the defender may be reluctantly sold.”

“I said [earlier in the summer] that there would be many changes and there have been many changes, mainly because the obligation to comply with Financial Fair Play.”

“In this line we have taken many decisions and we have taken decisions that I would have like not to take. I would have preferred to have €100m to sign new players.”

Also, we’v also been strongly linked with a move for Leicester City and Algerian international winger Riyad Mahrez in recent weeks while Sky Sports claimed earlier today that the Julian Draxler wants to join Arsenal.