Done deal: Spanish club officially announce Arsenal deal, star pictured training

Arsenal defender Julio Pleguezuelo has joined Spanish club Mallorca on a season long-loan, according to reports from the Daily Star.

The highly-skilled 19-year-old had several offers but has decided to join Fernando Vazquez’s on a season long-loan. He was born on the island of Mallorca before he made his move to Barcelona’s famous La Masia academy.

Pleguezuelo is regarded as a versatile defender who is capable of playing across the back-line as well as in a holding midfield role.

According to Diario de Mallorca (via talkSPORT), the report claims that the north London deal with the Spanish club was kept secret by the two clubs, which all secret and negotiations were made took the duo club just one afternoon to complete.

However, the Gunners refused as they consider the Spaniard an important asset for the future.

In February, the youngster made it clear that his objective for this season was to be loaned out to enjoy regular first-team football.

“I have not yet travelled with the first team and my hope is that I will do so between now and the end of the season,” he said.

“[I want to] have a good pre-season and hopefully go out on loan next year to gain first-team experience.”