After seeing a healthy number of transfer targets join other clubs or extend their stay with their current clubs, it now looks as though Arsene Wenger has shifted his attention and is now returning back to his vomit.
As West Ham are reportedly keen on strengthening their squad ahead of the upcoming season, their proposed move for the AC Milan and Colombian international striker Carlos Bacca hit the brick last month when the Colombian rejected the move because it’s said that the Colombian wants Champions League football.
However, concerning the report according to CalcioMercato, the Hammers progression in the Europa League, now just one two-legged tie away from the group stage, could serve to soften Bacca stance – as if he does consider remaining at Milan, he won’t be getting any European football nor Champions League this season at San Siro.
There are reports that fee around £25m has already been agreed by the two clubs for Bacca once, while it is now thought that the Serie A club consider to push the deal through so as to use the money for their own transfer plans, their transfer plans also include the East London club former target Simone Zaza from Juventus.
Report elsewhere, claims that Leicester manager Claudio Ranieri again has given updates to draw suitors off that the club winger Riyad Mahreaz will not be open for sale this summer.
Despite strong interest from Arsenal and also the likes of Chelsea and Manchester City, he still maintain that the reigning PFA Player of the year is not for sale, he also states that the situation is not the same as the former club midfielder and France international N’Golo Kante exit from the club.
The Italian manager addressed FourFourTwo on Friday and was quoted as saying, “It is normal others want Riyad and other players, but we must focus on the job,”
“I speak with him a lot and I hope this will help him. The chairman told me at the beginning, when we spoke, that we want to keep everybody. Kante had a clause and wanted to go, but the others stay with us.”