Official ! – Wenger Releases Official Statement Over Big Money Move For Striker

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has admits that the north London club are looking forward at strengthening the squad where they can admit that prices in the transfer market have been inflated.

The Emirates outfit have managed to complete only three signings, with Swiss international and former Borussia Dortmund Granit Xhaka being the star addition of the lot this summer.

The club Premier rivals Manchester United re-singed Paul Pogba from Juventus for a world-record fee of £89m ($115m) earlier in August. The United allowed the Frenchman to leave the Old Trafford as a free agent in the summer of 2012 and splashed the cash in bringing him back to Old Trafford.

However, Wenger admitted the Gunners are not looking to go into competition with the Red Devils in completing a sighing a player for such huge amount. He believes the reason behind the club signing and spending enormously in the Premier League is due to loss of popularity of England’s top-flight club competition across the globe.

paul-pogba-497412

The Frenchman explained as quoted by Arsenal official website [via IBTimes], “You focus on your squad and your quality and you try to strengthen where you can. We were not specifically [competing] with Man United on a player, so we have done what we wanted and we want to do more.”

“We try to compete at our level with all the assets we have and we try to compete with them. We showed that last Sunday [against Man City].”

“It’s not so tiring, it’s just surprising more than tiring. We knew that would happen. It was not difficult to anticipate that. Of course it was difficult to imagine five or 10 years ago that it would go to that level, but maybe that’s the consequence of the success and popularity of the Premier League. After that you can discuss.”

He further went on went about the big signing in the Premier League, “I said the other day that the price of a player normally depends on his talent, on his expected strengthening of the team, on his age and on his resale value. After that, we are in a system where we are in competition as well and if your opponent pays £40million, then if you want the player you have to pay £45million.”

We’re still looking at the option of signing Valencia and German international Shkodran Mustafi as the manager looks to bolster his back four.

However, Wenger are of now refused to comment on the recent reports linking us with the German international with a move to the Emirates stadium.