Official ! – Jamie Vardy sends message to Arsenal fans after Basel win

Leicester City’s and England international has admitted that he wasn’t sure if he would fit into the Arsenal squad with the club style of play and that won one of the main reasons why he turned down a move to the north London club.

The Foxes ace was firstly our main subject of interest during the summer transfer window as it can be seen that Arsene Wenger had much interest in the England international.

However, Vardy ended up not moving to the Emirates Stadium and instead the England forward committed his future with the Foxes by signing a new four-year deal with the Foxes.

He is now helping the Foxes try to defend their Premier League title this season as they also battle for good results in the Champions League.

Now, the England forward has lifted the lid on the main reasons why decided not to join Arsenal in the summer transfer window.

Vardy speaking in an exclusive interview with The Sun, he said, “With people like Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil creating chances, Arsenal felt they could benefit me as much as I could them.”

“But I also thought about the tactical aspect. You look at Arsenal’s style of play and they don’t get the ball forward quickly in the same way Leicester do for those runs I like to make in behind the defence.

“One thing that didn’t worry me was the idea that I wouldn’t be the ‘main man’ at Arsenal.”

We are preparing for our trip to Burnley in our fifth Premier League this weekend. We played out a goalless draw with the reigning Premier League champions last month.