Big Blow ! – Monreal & Gibbs Ruled Out For Weeks, Rob Holding To Play Against Spurs

We’ve been handed a major injury boost with Nacho Monreal dropping a huge hint on social media that he’ll be fit to face Tottenham on Sunday.

The Spaniard was forced to miss our last three matches against Reading, Sunderland and against Bulgarian side Ludogorets due to a niggling thigh muscle injury with Kieran Gibbs operating on the left-back during his absence.

Unfortunately, Gibbs suffered yet another shoulder injury during the thrilling win in Bulgaria on Tuesday night which may keep him out of this weekend’s North London Derby.

There are possibility that we would be taking on Spurs without out two first choice left-backs.

However, if Monreal words on Instagram are to be believe, he might be fit for the match against the Spurs on Sunday as he said,

Good feeling training today !! Looking forward the derby

Good feeling training today !! Looking forward the derby 🔴⚪️ Buenas sensaciones entrenando hoy!! Con ganas de derby

A photo posted by Nacho Monreal (@nachomonrealoficial) on

So it looks as though Nacho will be fit to take on Tottenham on Sunday and obviously that will come as a huge boost – particularly with Gibbs a doubt with his shoulder problem.

I’d also expect Hector Bellerin to return to the side after missing the win over Ludogorets with a knock while Theo Walcott is likely to make his comeback after missing the last three games with a hamstring strain.

However, it remains to be seen whether Santi Cazorla will feature this weekend as he continues to nurse a troublesome achilles injury.