Injury News: Alexis Sanchez leaves training with calf tear

The November nightmare is yet at it again, but there may be some furrowed brows at the Emirates after two points where at home against Spurs on Sunday and Alexis Sanchez was injured on international duty with Chile.

However, we won’t be on field until 19 November, when we face Manchester United at Old Trafford. We now face “an anxious wait” over the Chilean, with reports coming from Sky Sports claimed he “was forced to the sidelines during a session at Chile’s training camp with what appeared to be a calf problem”.

The forward “could miss pivotal matches” for the London side, reports The Guardian. After the game against United, Arsenal face Paris Saint-Germain in the Champions League on 23 November.

The Football Federation of Chile said Sanchez had “a low-grade muscle tear” and would remain in Santiago for “treatment and evaluation” ahead of the game against Uruguay next Tuesday. He will definitely miss Thursday’s match against Colombia.

The Sun strikes a positive note from the announcement, however, and claims Arsenal’s “worst injury fears look to have been eased as it was revealed Alexis Sanchez should be fit to face Manchester United”.